Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Fat Tuesday!



Good Morning, Darlings.

I am supposed to be painting, but I cannot get myself motivated... My Honey and I have moved, my Honey got a new job, and the apartment we got was painted musty yellow/tan, whatever you want to call it. We asked the landlord if we could paint and they said yes. They are paying for supplies and I have time to do it so it works out :) We decided on Ultra Pure White. I was afraid it might be too white, but it perfect!  It looks fantastic! Our apartment is a tri-level and all I have left to do upstairs is the kitchen :D It is rather tiny so it shouldn't be bad, if I can just get motivated haha. Chris will have to help me with the staircase because the stairs go down and the ceiling stays the same height so there is no way I can reach it, but I can do everything else. I should be done by the end of
the month. :D 

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, for Catholic's that means the beginning of Lent. So because during Lent you are supposed to fast and not eat meat on Ash Wednesday or Fridays until Easter, we use Fat Tuesday as a day to, essentially, not worry about diets or being healthy. If you have ever lived/do live/just visited in the East there are gas stations there called Wesco. I mention this because that is really the only place I know that sells Pączki. Basically, it is a really fattening donut filled with jelly or cream! Fat Tuesday also means Pączki Day! :) Unfortunately for me, I have yet to find a place in Colorado that sells them... Lent is a nice cleansing time, for me. It gets hard sometimes because you get so into your days sometimes that you forget it's Friday and then after lunch you remember, after you have already eaten meat... :/ I am going to church tomorrow and it is always an interesting day. You find out who all the Catholic's in your city are, and in turn you are stared at because you have "dirt" on your face. Haha, oh well.

Let's see. Last week my Honey took me to see Josh Groban live from NY, but we went to a movie theater. That was awesome! I love him :)  I'll have pictures of all on Friday. 

My in-laws were in town this weekend and we went to the museum. It was a great weekend. The Walking Dead also started back up again on Sunday! Love that show!

Well, I suppose I should get my lazy booty to work ;) I have to run a few errands, then it's too the kitchen for me with the paint and tape! I hope your week is going well so far!  

Do any of you have anything special planned for Valentine's Day? ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment