Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shooting Day!

Good Morning Everyone!

How is everyone doing this fine Sunday morning?

Yesterday, My Honey and I, went to the shooting range with Chris's brother, and his girlfriend, and Chris's buddy, Zane.  It was a lot of fun. :) We went to an NRA-The Whittington Center in Raton, NM.  It is a very big, nice place. 


Zane shooting the .22 Long Rifle


Alison shooting the .357 Ruger


Michael shooting the .22 Long Rifle


My Honey shooting the .44 Mag


It was REALLY windy...and very chilly.


My Honey helping me shoot the .44 Mag...That thing was a BEAST.


Zane shooting the .44 Mag.


My Honey and I at the Range <3


I sustained an injury... Haha. It was from when I shot the .44 Mag. It has so much kick when it came down, it smacked really hard into my left hand. No big deal, just a bit sore :)


And for your amusement, I added the video that Zane took of me shooting the .44 Mag.  It was a long story. Mike had been shooting it and told me to go next. Well there was supposed to only be one round left in it. So I go up there getting all hyped up. I shoot it and it goes "click"...indicating that it is empty. So they tell me to cock it again and shoot.  Again "click". And again I cock it and "click" So by now my adrenaline is GONE. So Chris and Mike check the gun as best they can and tell me "Ok, it looks like there is a blank one and then your live one, so just be prepared". Ok, I get back up there prepared to shoot off a blank on and BAM it shoots the live round. HA! As you can see in this video, it definitely caught me by surprise. But, thankfully with Chris's help, I successfully shot off a .44 Mag :D

All in all it was a great day! We had a lot of fun.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment